Hi all,

who wrote this in /usr/bin/x2goruncommand?:

                # This is gonna be a nasty trick now...
# Most applications run in foreground (fine!), but some fork to background (urgghh... e.g. konsole, iceweasel, etc.). # By capturing their STDOUT, we force the process to remain in (sort of) foreground until the process has finished. # This works fabulously with all applications that don't cleanly close their file descriptors (which is probably
                # 99% of all applications out there...).

                STDOUT=`$EXEC_WRAPPER $cmd$args`

looks like some DEs for example XFCE and Plasma on Ubuntu22 and Alma9 starting some processes which are occupying stdout and not terminating them after logout. As result after logout user have a blank screen which stays forever, that can be very confusing. We should remove it at least for desktop sessions. Replacing the line

STDOUT=`$EXEC_WRAPPER $cmd$args`
with
$EXEC_WRAPPER $cmd$args

fixing the problem.

regards,
Alex

Oleksandr Shneyder        | Email: o.shney...@phoca-gmbh.de
phoca GmbH                | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Schleiermacherstr. 2      | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-90491 Nürnberg          | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München       | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658               | http://www.x2go.org
USt-IdNr.: DE281977973