X2Go: The Gathering 2016 @ Linuxhotel

This year's X2Go community event will, again, be a three-day "work and
play" (coding, chatting, sightseeing, socializing) event at Linuxhotel,
Essen, Germany.

*ATTENTION!* If you want to join us *and* want to sleep in one of the
hotel rooms at the Linuxhotel, we need the number of beds and nights you
want to reserve, as well as *your full name* (as printed on your
passport) and *your nationality* by *2016-07-11* *23:59:59* *CEST* (yes,
that's 2016-07-11, *not* 2016-08-11)!!!  Very important!!!  After that
date, we will be unable to reserve a room for you!  First come, first
serve!

Please send your reservation request to x2go-m...@baur-itcs.de with the
text "The Gathering" somewhere in the subject and bug me publicly on the
X2Go-Project list if you don't receive a confirmation by e-mail after a
day or two.

Currently, the following core team members already have valid
registrations and thus do not need to re-register:

- Baur, Stefan (BAUR-ITCS) - Timemeister
- DePaulo, Michael Swinick - Deep C Diver
- Graesing, Heinz-Markus - X2Go co-founder
- Moldovan, Mihai (BAUR-ITCS) - Timegeselle and Endian-chasing Cowbyte
- Oleksandr Shneyder - X2Go co-founder

If for some reason or other you do *not* need a place to sleep at
Linuxhotel, but *do* want to join us, please *still* let us know in
advance that you're planning to visit.  There's no such hard deadline as
for the room reservations, but you will need to "check in" (see
"Admission fee" below) for our gathering with the Linuxhotel staff, so
please *do* let us know in advance.

*Costs for Linuxhotel hotel rooms*
Rooms are available at 15 EUR/night (and since we're a two-night-,
three-day event, expect to pay 30 EUR total for the room).
Note that this is the price for a *shared* room, i.e. you will have at
least one other person (in some rooms, even two) sleeping in the same
room with you.

If you want a *single room*, the *price doubles* and we need to know
*ASAP*, as the amount of single rooms at Linuxhotel is *very* limited!

It is also possible to book only one of the two nights if you can't make
it for the entire weekend, but don't want to miss out on all the fun.

*Admission fee*
5 EUR/day, again, since we're a three-day event, expect to 15 EUR total.
This is a per-person conference room/infrastructure rent and beverages
flat rate - *this includes beer and wine*!
Food is not included in this fee.

*Payment*
You will have to pay in cash *upon arriving at Linuxhotel* or *at least
two weeks in advance if you want to pay by wire transfer*.  Sorry, we
can't accept credit cards, debit cards, bitcoins or
other forms of payment for this event - *cash and wire transfer only*.
Also, all payments must be made in *Euro, not in foreign currencies*.
Sorry about that, too.  The processing fees for credit/debit cards
and/or non-Euro payments would drive up the prices.

We will be updating the Wiki page
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/events:x2go-gathering-2016
as more information becomes available.  Certain things, like our
breakfast options, or having lunch/dinner served by Linuxhotel instead
of having to order from a delivery service, can only be planned once we
know the exact number of participants.

Sincerely,
Stefan Baur, "X2Go: The Gathering" event organizer

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur