Dear $ALL,

As you might know, a few years ago, at "X2Go: The Gathering 2017", several key members of X2Go as well as members from other Remote Desktop-/Remote Application projects joined together to form the Open Remote Computing Association - orca e.V. - a registered association under Germanys Civil Code and also registered as a charitable organization, similar to a 501(c)(3) organization in the US.

In June 2022, we joined betterplace.org for easier handling of donations.
They offer PayPal, SEPA Direct Debit, Credit Card, giropay/paydirekt and Wire transfer. And they also handle issuing donation receipts for us. (Note that while donations towards orca/X2Go are tax-deductible for German tax subjects, this may vary in other jurisdictions.)

On Monday, 2023-03-20 (tomorrow!), all single (non-recurring) donations up to an amount of 200 Euro will receive 20% on top directly from betterplace.org. Donations above 200 Euro will receive 40 Euro on top from betterplace.org. The donation pool is limited to 15 000 EUR and will be used up on a first-come, first-served basis. So please try to donate early in the day.

The second sponsorship drive starts Tuesday, 2023-04-04, 09:00 CEST and ends Thursday, 2023-04-06, 23:59 CEST. This one is sponsored by the Commercial and Savings Bank Ulm, where orca's bank account resides, and they are going to distribute 10 000 EUR among all charitable organizations registered with them via betterplace.org that receive donations in the timeframe above. So it's not a 1:1 matching of each donation, but the org with the biggest amount of donations gets the biggest piece of the cake, so to speak.

If you can, please visit the donation sites below on one or more of the dates mentioned and send a few €€€ our way. (But don't feel bad if you can't. Times are rough. We get that.)

We'd prefer if you use the German-language donation forms because with these, we know for sure that the donation counts towards the bank's pledge. However, if you're afraid of hitting the wrong button in a German-language form, feel free to use the link that points to the English version.

To donate towards X2Go:
German: <https://www.wirwunder.de/projects/111056?wirwunder=235>
English: <https://www.betterplace.org/en/projects/111056?wirwunder=235>

Note that X2Go currently has two specific needs (with a third one probably popping up soon). To donate specifically towards one of those needs, please see the links below:

English-language donation form for travel/lodging/supplies costs @ LinuxDays Chemnitz 2023: <https://www.betterplace.org/en/donate/platform/projects/111056?need_id=471564&wirwunder=235> German-language donation form for travel/lodging/supplies costs @ LinuxDays Chemnitz 2023: <https://www.betterplace.org/de/donate/platform/projects/111056?need_id=471564&wirwunder=235>

English-language donation form for Webserver/Webhosting Costs: <https://www.betterplace.org/en/donate/platform/projects/111056?need_id=412064&wirwunder=235> German-language donation form for Webserver/Webhosting Costs: <https://www.betterplace.org/de/donate/platform/projects/111056?need_id=412064&wirwunder=235>

To donate towards orca e.V., our umbrella org:
German: <https://www.wirwunder.de/projects/111057?wirwunder=235>
English: <https://www.betterplace.org/en/projects/111057?wirwunder=235>

Kind Regards, and Thanks in Advance,
Stefan Baur