Just installed x2go, mac client 3.99.20 on os x 10.6.8, server running
ubuntu 11.10 and x2goserver 3.1.1.0.  The mouse seems to work well
once I figured out to use a custom desktop with command "gnome-session
--session=gnome-fallback" .  But the keyboard is scrambled.  For
example hitting the j key results in an l in the terminal, hitting f
types 2, etc.

I tried frobbing the keyboard settings both on the server and in the
x2go client and no dice.  I also tried an external keyboard (this is
on a macbook pro), same problem.  Only workaround I've found so far is
to run the linux client in vmware on my mac.   The keyboard works
then.  I googled and didn't find too much on this issue.  Seems like
it was raised before on this list but I didn't see any resolution:
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/x2go-user/2011-August/000301.html

Thanks for any ideas,
Marty Vona