On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:44 AM, Markus Gschwind
<markus.gschw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Stefan,
>
> Indeed it works now!!
>
> I wasn't aware that xmodmap is a actually a program printing out the
> keyboard mapping.
>
> I have now a file fix_keyboard.sh on the server's desktop which I run and
> then the keyboard it is working!!
>
> Would it be possible to integrate this file to run in the X2go session
> directly?

Keyboard handling in NX is complicated for a couple of reasons.
Keyboard handling in NX using MacOS is even more complicated. X2go
already handles this for you.

However, you have been changing the keyboard settings in Gnome which
kind of breaks that handling. You should never touch the keyboard from
inside the session. Try to configure Gnome not to change keyboard
(which might be impossible; at least it seems so on Centos7).

You could also try to disable the XKEYBOARD extension in x2goagent on
the server by adding

-extension XKEYBOARD

to /etc/x2goagent/options (not sure about the exact filename, I do not
have a x2go system at hand at the moment) and start a new session.

Uli