* On 03/14/2018 03:19 AM, Nigra Truo wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers. Yes, of course all apt commands are always executed
> as root. Right now it is not so much about the bug that prevents purging, it
> is more that I just can't reinstall x2goserver anymore. I see this message
>
> "X2Go is configured to use a non-SQLite DB backend, leaving the database
> alone" and the server install fails.
>
> and can't find any documentation and reference to it, it is a show stopper
> at this moment. Question: Where is x2go told to do that? Which config is
> still left on the system? I cleaned up EVERYTHING x2go related, erased all
> dirs and configs, I have never seen this message before. It is like apt /
> dpkg remembers some setting that it is not supposed to remember (as the
> package was purged)

It's determined in a {pre,post}{inst,rm} scripts... which are buggy in that
regard.

We should ignore non-existing files instead of assuming a different SQL backend
being used.

Please create /etc/x2go/x2gosql/sql manually with a line containing
'backend=sqlite'. That should allow you to purge the packages.

Afterwards you should be able to reinstall them normally.

Mihai