* On 03/23/2018 10:10 PM, Michael Stauffer wrote:
> CentOS 7.4
>
> However when I try to connect with x2go client (4.1.1.1 on windows 10), I get
> timeout. Connecting to our old x2go server works.
>
> I've disabled the firewall for testing but it still times out.

Such issues come up every now and then and mostly relate to different address
families being used.

libssh doesn't pick a host to connect to at random, so it'll use the first entry
that is returned by your DNS system.

In some instances, this leads to libssh (and hence X2Go Client) always trying to
connect to the remote server via IPv6, while...

> I can successfully ssh using x-forwarding to the new x2go server.

OpenSSH's implementation seems to prefer IPv4 addresses some of the time (but
not always) - and may even try the next address in the list if connecting to the
current one failed. libssh doesn't seem to have this fallback.

Please check your IPv6 setup.

You can have X2Go Client connect to an IPv4 address directly, but that's
finicky. Essentially, to avoid having to do this for every session definition,
you could define a new shortname in ~/.ssh/config named host-v4, hardcode the
IPv4 address there and use that shortname in X2Go Client. That should work on
UNIX-based platforms and theoretically also on Windows, but I don't know the
correct path for the file on this platform.

As a quick test, try using the v4 address anyway.

Mihai