On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Stefan Baur <x2go-m...@baur-itcs.de> wrote:
> Am 11.06.2018 um 23:04 schrieb o1bigtenor:
> [pretty much the same message sent to X2Go-User two times earlier today,
> now a third time, and also as cross-post to X2Go-Dev]
>
> Please, do not post the same message more than once (even with slightly
> different subject/wording), DO NOT CrOSS-POST, and especially, NEVER
> CROSS-POST WITHOUT SETTING A REPLY-TO to *one* of the lists or your
> personal E-Mail Address.

Am I allowed to yell my response to you?

Your final comment would be more applicable if there were direction that this
was a requirement someplace besides in the first bellowed response
(which is 'only'
a complaint and not really a response as it offers no information nor advice).

I sent the first message before I subscribed to the list. That resulted in an
automated response that indicated a listadmin would need to deal with it. I
then subscribed to the list and as no communication from a listadmin had
happened assumed that the list was/is quite quiescent so sent the first email
as a list member. Then after a not small amount of time and with more than some
effort I was able to find some of the problem so at that point I forwarded that
information to both the user list, that which purports to help users,
and the dev
list so that the dev team might actually find out that their project was quite
withering on the vine as it were. I am sorry that you feel so insulted but imo
your response is quite over the top - - - especially as this issue is
not exactly new.

> This is a volunteer project, so please allow for some time until people
> reply to your message.
> If you are in urgent need of support, we suggest contracting one of the
> companies on the "Professional Support" wiki page:
> <https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:professional-support>

This final part of your message is showing that this 'volunteer' project is
actually being pushed into becoming a for-profit project. It seems that
any question to the list has this clause added - - - why?

Regards

Dee