On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 10:57:48 -0400
"John Stoffel" <j...@stoffel.org> wrote:

> It sounds like when the script runs, the Xserver isn't quite ready,
> and xmodmap is waiting for that.  Maybe you can start debugging by
> putting:

Hmm, this is a Q&D workaround:

$ cat /usr/lib/x2go/extensions/post-resume.d/010_xmodmap
#!/bin/dash
test -f ~/.Xmodmap || exit 0
/usr/local/scripts/xmodmap.sh &

$ cat /usr/local/scripts/xmodmap.sh
#!/bin/dash
sleep 10
exec /usr/bin/xmodmap ${HOME}/.Xmodmap

After 10 seconds the xmodmap is executed, 5 seconds apparently is not
enough. I'm not an x2go guru, but in fact it would mean IMHO that
"post-resume.d" is executed before the session has really finished
resuming. After resuming the session I get this when typing "'" + "e",
when the 10 seconds have ended the "dead key" which is in ~/.Xmodmap
is starting to work:

$ 'e'e'e'eééé

R.

--