requested length exceeded (code 4)

Maybe it has nothing to do with x2go, but on my server I get this when
starting a few programs, e.g. VLC or sqlitebrowser:

$ vlc
VLC media player 3.0.4 Vetinari (revision 3.0.4-0-gf615db6332)
[000055dbab76c570] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface.
Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface. QStandardPaths:
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-richard'
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to
'/tmp/runtime-richard' The X11 connection broke: Maximum allowed
requested length exceeded (code 4) XIO:  fatal IO error 2 (No such file
or directory) on X server ":50" after 433 requests (433 known
processed) with 0 events remaining. QMutex: destroying locked mutex

IIRC the program runs well on the local machine. Anyone a hint?

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/