Am 21.01.19 um 13:06 schrieb Stefan Baur:
> Am 21.01.19 um 12:45 schrieb Stroganov Roman:
>
> Well, I'm glad we got the connection issues solved ...
>

>> Forwarding directory /home/user/Документы from simple linux (not the thin
>> client) forwards empty directories. If I forward a directory in Latin, it
>> forwards it, but everything is farther as with the thin client. Names are
>> displayed not correctly, and nothing with the Russian names can be
>> created...: (
>
> Just to make sure we are talking about the same issue: Does this only
> happen when you use X2GoClient's folder sharing, or also when you use
> sshfs on the command line, independent of X2Go?
>
> Because if it also happens with plain sshfs, this is not a bug in X2Go,
> and you/we'd have to report it as a bug to the maintainer(s) of sshfs.
>
> If it happens with X2Go only, well, it could be an UTF-8 or otherwise
> charset-related bug ... I'll openly admit we have an unfixed UTF-8 issue
> in a different part of the X2GoClient code (Published Applications
> mode), so who knows, this might be yet another one.
>
> So please test a plain sshfs connection, if you haven't done so already,
> and let us know if it is affected by the same bug or not.

Some more info on this:

sshfs knows the options

       -o from_code=CHARSET
              original encoding of file names (default: UTF-8)

       -o to_code=CHARSET
              new encoding of the file names (default: ISO-8859-2)

And these can be set in X2GoClient as well ("shared folders" tab in the
session configuration, checkbox "Filename encoding").

Maybe you could try to enforce UTF-8 on both sides, "from" and "to", and
see if that makes a difference.

Also, check the output of

export

on the server for any LANG and LC_ settings - maybe you aren't using
UTF-8 on the server, only on the thinclient, and that's causing the mess?

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)