Am 28.02.19 um 10:42 schrieb Heiko Friedel:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use x2go-server on a headless machine for virt-manager
> with x2go-client on Win10. I did not install any desktop environment.
>
> x2go terminates the connection immediately, no window is shown. If I use
> VcXsrv with putty, virt-manager is working fine.

CCing Mike#1, as he has some python knowledge and virt-manager is a
python program (called by a bash wrapper, no idea why) ...

What seems to happen is that X2Go doesn't detect virt-manager as an X
application.

If I write a wrapper script like so:

#!/bin/bash
timeout 10 xterm & # background xterm, don't call virt-manager from it
/usr/bin/virt-manager

Then virt-manager will start - but will die after 10 seconds, when
"timeout" kills the backgrounded, empty, idle xterm session.
I would understand this behavior if virt-manager was called from
*within* xterm, but as you can see, it is called separately.

@Mike: Any idea as to what's going wrong here and how to fix it?

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--