On 08-10-19 14:17, Stefan Baur wrote:
Am 08.10.19 um 13:57 schrieb Kees Bakker:
I already tried that with another system.
Same result: core dumped.
In that case, I would like to ask you to do fresh installs of Ubuntu
18.04 with X2GoServer and X2GoClient somewhere (say, two virtual
machines), that aren't joined to your FreeIPA environment.  Just two
plain and simple basic installations.  If it works there, then it's
likely to be an issue with your particular setup.
Two virtual machines (with a reasonable fresh install) don't
give the problem. I haven't completed the whole test because I
needed to install LXDE, or MATE.
Most important conclusion is that the connection worked well.
No segfault.

Also, did you try if using a different session type makes a difference?
Say, a Desktop session of XFCE or MATE, or a single application
LibreOffice session, ...
Given your error message, it seems unlikely, but it's a quick check
compared to the effort two new installs require.

I tried various desktops, all gave the "core dumped" message.

Can we draw the conclusion that it is the SSH connection?
How can I investigate this further? One thing I already tried was
to run the remote sshd in debug. I noticed that it uses different
connection methods between normal ssh and x2go.
--
Kees