The hardening is one of the security profiles that comes with RHEL7.7.  Either
the USG or the NIST 800-171 profiles.  We use those as a starting point for our
configuration.  On the specific RHEL7 VMs I am running, I was able fix the
problem by doing two things (and both needed to be done).  1. Disable fips by
removing fips=1 from grub.  2. Remove "Ciphers
aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc"
from sshd_config.  The RHEL6 machine has neither of those implemented, but it
is a production machine and I can't play around too much with it.  Going back
to the RHEL7 machines, it is possible that the updated sshlib lacks some of the
needed encryption libraries in 4.1.2.2, which 4.1.2.0 has them?  Also, if that
is the case, it seems like it isn't properly handling that condition.
Thanks,
Josh

On Thursday, March 26, 2020, 12:25:04 PM EDT, Ulrich Sibiller <ul...@gmx.de>