From: Ulrich Sibiller [ul...@gmx.de]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 7:44 PM
To: Stefan Baur
Cc: Richard Beare; x2go-user@lists.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-User] configure x2go for servers inside a network with
PaloAltoNetworking firewalls

I have once researched all the compression options. You can read the
results here:
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/issues/802<https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/issues/802>
There's another compression type "lossless" which cannot be selected
in the gui but will auto-select one of the lossless compression
settings.

This has not been integrated into nx to this date but eventually will.

Uli

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 10:08 AM Stefan Baur <x2go-m...@baur-itcs.de> wrote:

> Am 02.04.20 um 09:30 schrieb Richard Beare:
> > I forgot to check - is there a "lossless update" button anywhere, like
> > turbovnc?
>
> No, there's no such button. You need to select an image format that is
> lossless. Session configuration, Connection tab, Compression Method.
> "nopack" and "PNG" with "Image Quality: 9" *should* be safe, but please
> research this yourself. You could try an image that you know has fine
> details, and view it via a regular ssh -X connection, then view it via
> X2Go and compare the results.
>
> Or, you could make it a habit to double-check every important step/final
> result by saving the image on the server side, then transferring it to
> the client with X2Go's built-in filesharing option, and looking at it
> again with an image viewer running on the client.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan Baur
>
> --
> BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
> Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
> Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
> Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243

Disclaimer

This e-mail and any attachments to it (the "Communication") are, unless
otherwise stated, confidential, may contain copyright material and is for the
use only of the intended recipient. If you receive the Communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete the Communication
and the return e-mail, and do not read, copy, retransmit or otherwise deal with
it. Any views expressed in the Communication are those of the individual sender
only, unless expressly stated to be those of Murdoch Children’s Research
Institute (MCRI) ABN 21 006 566 972 or any of its related entities. MCRI does
not accept liability in connection with the integrity of or errors in the
Communication, computer virus, data corruption, interference or delay arising
from or in respect of the Communication.