Feb 23, 2021 3:00:23 PM Ulrich Sibiller <ul...@gmx.de>:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:20 PM Joe W <jsw...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am using a program called Cliosoft SOS. It has a window that displays in
>> columns like an Excel file. When I resize one of the columns then my X2GO
>> session window crashes. The start window where I pick which session to start
>> stays running.
>>
>> There is a horizontal scroll bar to move the columns sideways. When I drag
>> that then the X2GO window crashes.
>
> Is that program available for testing?

I don't know. I will ask them and I will also try your debugger suggestion.
The program requires quite a bit of setup before the columns are seen.

>> I have attached the session log and the client debug console output showing
>> a few of these crashes.
>
> The session log looks like a reconnect should be possible. Can you confirm?

I can always reconnect after one of these crashes and see my desktop with ask
the programs still running.  When I do then I see that my SOS columns have been
resized.

>> Is there some way to fix this or is it a bug that I should report?
>
> It is a bug - nx should not crash.
>
>> Is there any additional information that I should gather?
>
> Well, you could try the following:
> 1. start the session as always.
> 2. start an additional ssh session to the server as the same user or
> root to the server
> 3. run pgrep x2goagent and note the resulting PID (if you have
> multiple session running you will find multiple PIDs and need to
> identify the correct one)
> 4. attach the debugger to the PID: gdb -p PID
> 5. then try to provoke the crash. If it happens the debugger should
> kick in and show a prompt. Run the "bt" in command in the debugger and
> post the output you see.

I will try this in the next few days.