Hi,

On  So 16 Mai 2021 21:08:45 CEST, h i wrote:

Hello,

How can you remove the "Suspend X2Go Sesseion..." item from the Ubuntu Mate System panel?

[cid:8d0d43b2-6e97-4a50-87a4-d76edbc29ab6]

In Ubuntu 18.04, this was linked with x2gomatebindings. Uninstalling the bindings removed it. However, with Ubuntu 20.04, I could not locate x2gomatebindings in the Ubuntu repository. I want to remove it because we don't need it and it doesn't work well with x2go client. Clicking on the item makes the desktop session disappear, but the x2go client window says the session is still running and doesn't disappear.

Thanks.

h.

The "Suspend X2Go Session..." menu item is now coded into the corresponding MATE panel applet (via librda).

Currently, there is no "switch" to disable it, but it could be a feature request.

The other issue is that X2Go Client does not recognize the session suspension properly when done from inside the session, it seems.

If you open a terminal in the X2Go session and issue the command x2gosuspend-session on the command line, do you observe the same behaviour? (i.e. session goes away, but X2Go Client does not get it?)

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de