From: Ulrich Sibiller <ul...@gmx.de>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2021 9:03 AM
To: Ilaria Sani <ilaria.s...@unige.ch>
Cc: x2go-user@lists.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-User] connection failed.

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 12:06 PM Ilaria Sani <ilaria.s...@unige.ch> wrote:
> I did the following in the x2go GUI: Session-session
> management-terminate session

In German the button means "Delete session" (so this is likely to be a
translation mistake), and it will (only) delete the session configuration on
the x2goclient side, not stopping any running session.

> > What I was doing was to -kill geometry in putty and then re-do one.
>
> What do you mean by that?
> I was using a command line in putty terminal that would kill anything pending
> and then I was re-configuring the geometry upon the next re-start.
> I do not remember exactly what the command line was about, but I remember it
> was using -kill and -geometry flag.
> Sorry I wish I could be more specific. Anyway I was using TightVNC and not
> X2go. Likely it does not applies.

putty to your server, run pkill -f x2goagent -> will kill all _your_
x2gosessions.

> You can try to use mobaxterm to connect to your server and see if you
> can run "x2goagent :1" there.  If that does not work, that's the
> reason for the connection problems. If  it works, then we need to
> search the problem elsewhere.
>
> I cannot use mobaxterm, because my institution (and relative cluster I am
> trying to connect to) only supports X2go.

Mobaxterm is an alternative to putty which comes with an embedded X server. The
only thing you need is ssh access to the server, which you
(obviously) have.There's a portable version of mobaxterm that can be run
without installation.

> > I tried to visualize the Archive of this mailing list but I could not find
> > a way to search previous posts.

> https://lists.x2go.org/pipermail/x2go-user/
>
> I had seen the list of Archived posts
> (https://lists.x2go.org/pipermail/x2go-user/).
> I started searching by clicking on the first Thread or Subject, then the
> second, third, and so on...
> I was wondering is there was a way to visualize them all in a long list so
> that one can ctrl-F keywords.

Well, I am not aware. But you can use google to and limit the search with
"site:lists.x2go.org"

Uli