On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 12:15:01 +0100
Stefan Baur <x2go-m...@baur-itcs.de> wrote:

> In short: forget about it. If you're allowing users SSH access for
> X2Go, they WILL be able to copy data. You can make it a little harder
> for them if you think you have to, but as long as they are in control
> of the client hardware, they will always be able to do so.

I have no complete answer to it, but if you use keys instead of
user/pass then you will be able to restrict ssh in
~/.ssh/authorized_keys

from="1.2.3.4,2.3.4.5,9.8.7.6",no-port-forwarding,command="/path/to/script",no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,no-pty
ssh-rsa <key>

(all in 1 line)

This is an example of what I use here, I think there must be many other
options available.

see "man authorized_keys"

HTH

R.