I played around a bit: I could only compile parallax-2, the newer ones
show a linking problem:
gcc  -g -O2 -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT  -o
parallax3  parallax3.o  -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lSDL
/usr/bin/ld: parallax3.o: undefined reference to symbol 'cos@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: error adding symbols:
DSO missing from command line
make: *** [Makefile:157: parallax3] Fehler 1

Nevertheless I made a quick test:
1. run nxagent -ac :55
2. in a second shell run DISPLAY=:55 parallax2 -> works fine on the
nxagent window
3. in a third shell run kill -HUP $(pgrep nxagent) -> window will
close (resembling session suspend)
4. wait a while, then repeat the previous command -> window will show
again (resembling session resume) -> no fullscreen, no glitches

Repeating the test with  nxagent -ac -55 -R in step 1 (thus simulating
a rootless session) shows the problem here, too. So it really looks
like a bug in nxagent.

Can you confirm?

Uli