Hi Andrey & Neal,

Another command that might be helpful is wmctrl, from the man page:

  wmctrl is a command that can be used to interact with an X Window manager
that is compatible with the EWMH/NetWM specification.  wmctrl can query the
window manager for information, and it can request that certain window
management actions be taken.

And here is something I use to resize and position an X2GO session on one
monitor:

  wmctrl -r X2GO -e 0,0,0,3768,2123

Regards,
Michael

--
Professor Michael Ashley                          School of Physics
University of New South Wales     http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~mcba