Good Morning,

Excuse me for my ignorance/, /but how accurate/up to date is the kdrive section of the x2go wiki? It hasn't changed in 3-4 years, however quite a lot has been said about kdrive recently. I have had the kdrive server installed n my Ubuntu 22.04 machine since before it was moved to "stable", however I have yet to succeed in using it. Most of the computers on my home network are Windows machines. The Windows x2go clients have a kdrive check box, however when you check that box (on Windows or Ubuntu clients) and try to connect to the x2go server, nothing happens. Without the box checked all the x2go clients will connect to the server, allbeit with the graphics limitations and lag intrinsic to the original x2go when connecting to "modern" desktops. I use KDE Plasma. (Note that the "default" settings in the x2go clients for connecting to KDE Plasma desktops have not worked since I started using a Ubuntu server with x2go in 2020, you have to choose a "custom" connection and use the command "startplasma-x11")

Do I need to make some manual modifications on the x2go server to get kdrive running? If I do so, do I risk the Windows machines loosing the ability to connect? Again, apologies if all this information is already available and I have just not seen/found it. As I said I have been using x2go since 2020 and it was very useful when I was trapped in my bedroom for a week with COVID in 2022. I am just hoping that kdrive will improve its performance and am too stupid/ignorant to get it working without some help.

Regards

Stuart MacGregor