Dear $ALL,

X2Go will be present at Linux-Info-Day
<https://www.luga.de/static/LIT-2024/> in Augsburg, Germany on Saturday,
April 20th.

At this event, we will have a booth where we will demo X2Go-KDrive, as
well as the HTML5Client beta and X2Go's integration into the latest
Remmina client.

We're still waiting to hear back from the Linux-Info-Day crew regarding
a talk slot - we have submitted a CfP for a talk regarding how to
incorporate SSH, 2FA and X2Go into a simple, but effective Ransomware
protection for vintage as well as current Microsoft Windows versions.

If you're planning to attend and/or are in the area, feel free to stop
by and say hi! Attendance is free, and you do not need to register
beforehand.

We are trying to cover the costs for our two volunteers/orca e.V.
members (Mihai and me) via orca e.V., the registered association that
X2Go belongs to, but for that, we will need your help in the form of
donations*.

Sadly, funding for X2Go events has tanked since we separated it from the
main X2Go donation pool - we haven't received a single donation for our
event budget yet.
Which means that not only the trip to Linux Info Day is still in need of
funding, but also the previous one to Linux Days Chemnitz. :'(

The situation for our infrastructure budget is a little better, but we
could use some help there as well.

You can find our donation pages here:
X2Go Events (English):
<https://www.betterplace.org/en/projects/131360?wirwunder=235>
X2Go Events (German):
<https://www.betterplace.org/de/projects/131360?wirwunder=235>
X2Go Infrastructure (English):
<https://www.betterplace.org/en/projects/131358?wirwunder=235>
X2Go Infrastructure (German):
<https://www.betterplace.org/de/projects/131358?wirwunder=235>

It would be really cool if you could send some $$$/€€€/£££/¥¥¥ our way,
so we can keep advocating for X2Go and free remote desktop/remote
application projects in general.
We can accept donations via PayPal, Credit Card, Direct Debit,
giropay/paydirect and wire transfer. Best of all, donations towards X2Go
(and orca e.V., our umbrella org) are usually tax deductible for German
tax subjects.

Note that there is a special sponsorship drive sponsored by the
Commercial and Savings Bank Ulm, where the orca (and thus X2Go) bank
account resides:
Projects receiving donations made between Tuesday, 2024-03-26 (starting
09:00 CET) and Thursday, 2024-03-28 (ending 23:59 CET) will receive
additional funding from a pool of 10 000 Euro. So the more you donate
during this timeframe, the higher the share we'll receive from those 10
000 Euro.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur
(with his X2Go Event Planner hat on)

*If times are rough for you and you can't afford to donate, don't feel
bad! You can also help us by forwarding this announcement to whomever
you seem fit - e.g. your local Linux user group, your social media
followers, etc.

If you're on Twitter, you can retweet and like the following to help:
<https://twitter.com/farbenstau/status/1772238185239634302> (English)
<https://twitter.com/farbenstau/status/1772239658727968852> (German)

If you're on BlueSky, you can reskeet and like the following to help:
<https://bsky.app/profile/farbenstau.bsky.social/post/3kojhnqvcn423>
(English)
<https://bsky.app/profile/farbenstau.bsky.social/post/3kojhzohqz423>
(German)

And on Mastodon, you can like and boost the following to help:
<https://infosec.exchange/@farbenstau/112156390300051818> (English)
<https://infosec.exchange/@farbenstau/112156394812114108> (German)

Feel free to copy the text and links of these Tweets to any social media
platform that you are using.

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur