On Tuesday, December 18, 2001, at 10:05 AM, Timothy M. Dean wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kimbro Staken
As for adding namespace methods I'm inclined to want to avoid it. For
instance, it will also cause problems when we want to add
XQuery support,
since XQuery defines its own way of handling namespaces.

How exactly will XQuery support be integerated within Xindice in the future? It seems that the most natural way would be for the addition of an XQueryService, in addition to the currently supported XPathQueryService and XUpdateQueryService services. If so, wouldn't the interface of XUpdateQueryService be completely independent from a new XQueryService's interfaces? If not, perhaps I'm misunderstanding how the XQuery support will be added?

You're correct, my point was that if we add namespace setters to XUpdateQueryService with the argument that it should be consistent with XPathQueryService, then we face the same thing again on XQueryService. Otherwise XQueryService will be inconsistent. Regardless, XUpdate is supposed to have a vehicle for namespaces within its own syntax it just seems the impl isn't working correctly.

- Tim

Contact administrator:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Read archived messages: http://archive.xmldb.org/

Kimbro Staken
XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
http://www.xmldatabases.org/