> Ok, I would like to add this extension. But what's the behaviour of a
> vendor implementation? Does such an implementation needs to implement
> both getters for a single name and a sequence of names?
> Does registerDatabase() need to retrieve names through both getters?
> I see getName() as a special case of getNames() so may be we should
> omit the getName() method?

Whilst I agree that getName() is a special case of getNames(), isn't it
perhaps a bit harsh to remove getName() - this would break all of the
applications which are directly using the getName() method.
(Even if all driver vendors update their implementations immediately.)

Perhaps it is better to leave it in, but making it clear that the method
will be removed later?

> Kindest regards, Lars

Thanks,
Trevor.