I have used the V2 920's and ProSkis a lot, and like them both for smooth pavement.  About the only thing for crushed limestone is the V2 Aeros and one other brand with large wheels that recently came out (can't recall the name).  You'd probably want to try the V2 Aeros before buying - I used Gordon Faulkner's a little, and they are tricky (very tippy).  But I've heard lots of good things about them too, so if you stick with it you can probably get them to work well.

With conventional roller skis like the V2 920s, I like the moderately slow wheels, since they give you a better workout.  If they're too fast you end up double poling all the time except on the steep uphills.  And slower wheels are safer on downhills.  The payoff comes when you get on snow and find this new strength from your rollerskiing workouts!

>>> Scott Bachmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 02/26/03 10:02AM >>>
I have V2 920 classic rollerskis (with the smaller, more
conventional wheels), and their roadworthiness is pretty
restricted to nice, smooth pavement -- the new bike paths
around the Madison area are ideal. I tried them on a
crushed limestone path once, with poor results (I'm sure
the V2 Aero would be fine though on such surfaces).

The only "problem" with classical rollerskis is the
lack of tracks to keep the skis on an intended glide
path -- that aspect takes some getting used to, and
you'll find that you can't kick and glide with 100%
of your normal on-snow power. Trying to do double-pole-
with-kick can be a bit challenging, especially on
a surface that is less than smooth.

Some might argue that classic rollerski use can develop a
bad "late kick" habit, but I haven't noticed such an effect...

--
Scott Bachmeier  University of Wisconsin - Madison / SSEC / CIMSS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~scottb