I was out at noon today. All of the west hill trails had been rolled and tracks were set for classical skiers. It was spongy and slow, but I'm sure that it will firm up once we have some skaters on it and the night's cold sets in.

Skaters: get it now before it it melts!

Classical skiers: they had groomed two sets of tracks. Get it now before the skaters chop it up!

-- Paul Matteoni

From: "Dan Ackerstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [XC] where the heck do i ski ?
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 13:34:18 -0700

Thanks everyone for the advice and message of PATIENCE.

I just got a little fired up.

Heading over to Elver at 3:30 to give it a shot.

dan a.

From: "Senty Carolyn C." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Dan Ackerstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:17:22 -0600

Parks Dept says Elver is being (or has been groomed) this morning and Odana to follow, probably this afternoon. Some folks are breaking trail (striding) in the Arboretum this morning.....

-----Original Message----- From: Dan Ackerstein [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 9:13 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [XC] where the heck do i ski ?

i can't figure this town out - 5 inches of new snow, but i drove around all
morning looking for a groomed skate track and . . . NADA !! can anyone
advise me on where i might find some skating this afternoon in town ?
neither elver nor odana GC were groomed - will that happen later ?

still trying to get the madison scene down . . .

dan a.

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail