Possible race in Northern Illinois this weekend.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 22:19:07 EST
Subject: Fwd: Possible 12K in Blue Island on Sunday

NIN Hotline -- March 5, 2003

Greg Roll is trying again to put on a 12K race this Sunday.  His note is
forwarded to you all with his permission.  His email address is
[EMAIL PROTECTED], and he wants some feedback.

Bob, here's the story. I walked off a course, a flat winding course that would be a lot of fun. Tomorrow I am going to go out with the snowmobile and pack it down and shovel in some of the thin spots. If it survives the mini-thaw on Friday, which I believe it will. I would go back out and work it Saturday. I have two helpers lined up. What I would like to do is this. Put out the word so I can get some feedback. If it looks like we will get more than thirty skiers to come out on Sunday. I will go ahead and give it my best shot. I could also use some volunteers on Saturday for shovelling and sking the course down. If we get enough snow on the course, I could probably groom it. So if you forward this letter, THe information stands like this.
Sunday 9am - start time for adults, 4 loop course. Possible wave starts. 10am- 14 years old and younger start, 1 loop course. $15 for adults...$10 for kids. All the proceeds after golfcourse expenses would go to a charity of The City's choice. Meadows Golf Course is located on 123rh street 1/2 mile east of Kedzie Avenue. Write back and tell me if you are going to forward this. I am pretty confident it would work unless we recieved a lot of rain, but even so they are calling for that rain to turn to snow. Greg