I know I do not need these files in my web application. I just forgot to
explicit exclude them while ant builds a war file. So I was wondering what
tomcat causes to throw a lifecycle exception since they are never used.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Andrew
Stevens
Gesendet: Sonntag, 29. Februar 2004 01:58
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: [Xdoclet-user] XDoclet + Tomcat = LifecycleException

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 19:42, Just Fun 4 You wrote:
> I have a struts webapp with ojb and xdolcet. via ant I generate a war
> file and copy it to the tomcat 4.1.29 webapps dir. when I start tomcat
> I get a
> LifecycleException: start: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> javacc,ant,commons-collections,log4j,junit-Extension-Name ...
> If I remove xdoclet-1.2.jar, xdoclet-ojb-module-1.2.jar,
> xdoclet-xdoclet-module-1.2.jar and xjavadoc-1.0.2.jar then the
> application gets deployed normally. Does anyone know what happens here?

Are you saying you deploy the XDoclet jars as part of your war file?  If so,
why?  They're only needed during the actual code generation; the generated
files have no dependency on any xdoclet classes, so you shouldn't need the
xdoclet jars at all after that, neither for compilation nor for deployment.

I've no idea what Tomcat's objecting to.  If you've a fuller stack trace, I
could take a wild guess, but it's not worth worrying about.
Just don't deploy the xdoclet jars as part of your application.  Unless, of
course, your app includes a servlet that does code generation from java
source files submitted through an HTML form?

Andrew.