William I. Zumwalt penned

> Hey all,
>
> Anyone have examples of how I might have xdoclet
> create a primary key for my BMP EJB. I have the
> following at the class level, but I'm starting to
> think I need more than this to get it to generate a
> class called DevicePK.
>
>  * @ejb.pk
>  *      class="com.comp.mgt.ejb.entity.DevicePK"
>  *      generate="true"
>  *

You'll need to tag the getter method for each of the persistent fields
that belong to the PK with

    * @ejb.pk-field

and add the following to your <ejbdoclet> task to generate the code.

    <entitypk/>

> Also, seems weird, but would I just code the primary
> key return type as the return of my ejbCreate()
> methods ... before it's even been generated?  I'm not
> understanding this.

That's my understanding of the spec. The generation of the PK's source
file happens before compilation, so no compiler problems (same with your
interfaces).

--
David Harkness                               Sony Pictures Digital
Sr. Software Engineer   310.482.4756    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Those who judge the value of advice by its source
        will at once dismiss the best and follow the worst.