On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 23:44 -0700, Konstantin Priblouda wrote:
> --- Andrew Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Depends if he's talking about the various @tags or
> > the <XDt:...>
> > template tags.  Docs for the former are generated
> > from the
> > src/META-INF/xtags.xml in each module, which have to
> > be kept in sync
> > manually with the code that uses them, and the
> > latter are generated from
> > the @doc.tag & @doc.param javadoc tags in the tag
> > handler source files.
> > I can't remember if those docs were produced by the
> > main Ant build, or
> > by running "maven site" afterwards.
>

> xtags.xml do not define tags - it is  for
> documentation puproses

Well, yes, and he was asking how to generate their documentation...

> and for xdoclet gui
> ( is anybody still using it? )
> they are defined through usage in .xdt , and
> it is not necessary in synch  with descriptive
> xml.

True, though I did go through them and sync things up some time ago.  I
don't think much has changed since then.

> XD2 tags are defined as interfaces, with xdoclet
> markups and implementation classes ( self validating )
>
> and various documentation is generated from it.
> ( and is in synch ). doclipse configuration files are
> also generated.
>
> PS: is there active development of XD1?

Not that I've noticed.  It just seems to be good enough as it is for
most people's needs until they switch to J2EE 5 or some other
annotation-based framework ;-)

> If not,
> all developers are invited to work XD2 plugins.
> ( Manpower is needed for EJB, especially server
> specific stuff )

Are there any of the other developers still here to hear you?  Asides
from yourself and an occasional message from Matt Raible, I can't find a
posting from any of them in over a year :-(

Andrew.
--
http://pseudoq.sourceforge.net/  Java-based Sudoku creator & solver