Konstantin Priblouda wrote:
> This is a good questions, asked on a wrong
> list. As this list is used for XDoclet-1,  which is not
> really active anymore. ( Nevertheess, all active developers hopefully
> lurk here )
>
> What is your idea of annotations usage?
>
> regards,
>
> ----[ Konstantin Pribluda http://www.pribluda.de ]----------------
> JTec quality components: http://www.pribluda.de/projects/

Well, annotations and Javadoc tags both serve the same purpose - they
add descriptive information to *.java files which can be used by various
software processors in different ways.

However annotations constitute a change in the Java language. Javac now
understands them and can make them available during run-time, for instance.

Since there are 2 ways of doing the same thing it seems that developers,
and Java developers as a whole, would make better use of their time and
money if they focused on one. Since Javadoc tags are an ‘ad hoc’
solution and Annotations are a part of the language, I would think that
the future for this kind of development would revolve around Annotations.

John L.