On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 02:35:21AM -0700, Brian McKerr wrote:

> The plan is to have the VM files synced across to the 'secondary' node
> via ZFS send/receive so that should one fail I can simply restart the
> VMs on the second node. I may even be able to spread the VM load
> across the two nodes and sync each bunch of VMs to the 'other' node.

I'm not clear on your setup. So you have box A that is presumably
exporting ZFS volumes for each VM storage across iSCSI, and you want to
sync those volumes with send/receive across to a backup box.

Where are the VMs running? How often do you need this sync to happen?
Note that you can't sync when guests are running as the storage may not
be in a stable state filesystem-wise.

regards
john