somshekar kadam wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I was understanding the context switch code of
 > Xenomai-2.3.0 for PPC, I got the point that once it
 > enters rthal_thread_switch , xnarch_thread_trampoline
 > function is executed, register 15 holds this address
 > of this function and register 2 holds the
 > rthal_thread_trampoline function,
 > what I am not able to understand is how does
 > rthal_thread_switch function is called,

rthal_thread_switch is called by xnarch_switch_to, which, in turn is
called when the scheduler decides that the task (the newly created one,
in this case) shoudl run.

 > I understand from rthal_thread_trampoline
 > xnarch_thread_trampoline is called by jumping to
 > function using mtlr and in link register has the
 > address of xnarch_thread_trampoline stored in reg 15
 > and uses blr to jump to it and executes new thread.
 >
 > what I dont understand is how it excutes
 > rthal_thread_trampoline, may be some pointers on this,

xnarch_init_thread prepares the stack and registers of the newly created
task so that rthal_thread_switch does the right thing. Perhaps Philippe
or Wolfgang will be able to give more details.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.