Prashanti Bedapudi wrote:
Attached is a piece of code using alarms, but I am seeing some unexpected
behavior.  Any help will be appreciated.

have a look at src/testsuite/latency
it does what I believe youre seeking to do (tho I havent read your code)

in function main() the program behaves two different ways depending on where
I have the last printf()

1. It works fine and terminates as expected if I have it like this
        while(!quit_now)
           printf("quit_now = %d\n", quit_now);

2. It does not terminate if I have it this way. I know quit_now is set to 1,
since the last statement printed is 'quit_now is set to 1'.

        while(!quit_now);
        printf("quit_now = %d\n", quit_now);

thanks,
Shanti