Hi,

Felipe Brandão Cavalcanti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed Xenomai 2.5.1, however, I am having the exact same
> problem - the computer completely crashes when running analogy_config
> analogy0 analogy_ni_pcimio. However, I could not get any significant
> debug info before the system crashes.
>
> This is the exact behavior I had with Xenomai 2.5.0.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 9.04 on a with a AMD Sempron 2800+ with a National
> Instruments 6221-37 DAQ card. Xenomai seems to be running pretty well.
I am surprised that it is the same bug. If I remember well, there were
two bugs:
- the first one was specific to NI 67xx cards and was fixed
- the second one was supposed to be fixed with the following commits:
analogy: [NI mite] initialize the mite structures after their allocations
analogy: [NI mite] initialize channels' status

I am afraid we are facing a bright new one...

> So, is this a known issue? Can I help with the debug messages/logs in
> any way?
Even if your system crashes, you might be able to catch the log traces
printed just before. In such a case, could you set the analogy debug
options like this:
CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_ANALOGY_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_ANALOGY_DEBUG_LEVEL=0
CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_ANALOGY_DRIVER_DEBUG_LEVEL=1

And send your kernel traces, after having launched the attach procedure
(which, if I understand well, should have triggered the bug).

> Thanks for the help,
>      -Felipe Brandão Cavalcanti
>
> (Sorry to reply to such an old thread.. but my problem seemed a lot like
> this one.)

Alexis.