On 2014-09-26 16:01, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
Not a bug. bidi package has a boolean \if@Latin. The boolean should be set in higher level packages (like polyglossia) to true for non-RTL scripts and
false for RTL scripts. Its initial value is false so that explains the
behaviour.

Since we're not using polyglossia, should we be setting this variable ourselves? I just now tried doing that:
    \makeatletter
    \@Latintrue
    \makeatother
and it seems to work. However, I'm not sure how, without using Polyglossia, we should do this whenever we switch languages. We never had to do that for other purposes--we just use
     {\RL{some right-to-left stuff}}

I guess we need to redefine \RL to be s.t. like this:
    \makeatletter
    \let\origRL\RL
\renewcommand{\RL}[1]{\makeatletter\@Latinfalse\makeatother{\origRL{#1}}\makeatletter\@Latintrue\makeatother}
    \makeatother

Right? I tested this on a small example and it seems to work... (email is wrapping the \renewcommand here)

Note: I did not need to load biblatex package unlike you.

Figured that out--it was due to some old .aux file or s.t. that I had laying around as I was minimizing the example.

    Mike Maxwell