Jean-Marc L. wrote:

I am currently using Docbook and I would like to convert my document
into Word format.
I've tried with the trial licence but the word
document produced has no style implemented even the presentation is good
enough. Is there a way to produce a usable word document with styles (
sections as sections inside word etc.)

--> In theory, the answer is yes.

(1) How to generate DOCX files making use of named styles is explained here:

6. XSL-FO extension for generating named styles
http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/_distrib/doc/user/user_styles.html

(2) What you call "sections inside word" are paragraphs styled to look like headings and also given what MS-Word calls an "outline level".

An outline level is needed to make a heading appear in the Table Of Contents generated by MS-Word.

A MS-Word outline level may be given to a fo:block by using the following XSL-FO extension property:

4.4.1. The xfc:outline-level extension attribute
http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/_distrib/doc/user/implementation.html#xfc_outline-level

Note that (2) may be achieved without (1), that is, without having to generate named styles.

--> In practice, the answer is NO.

"Out of the box", the DocBook XSL stylesheets, which are not our work (http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/), do not support (1) our named styles extension.

Given the size and complexity of the DocBook XSL stylesheets, we never dared to modify them to add support for (1), our named styles extension.

Even worse, we never dared to modify them to add support for (2), our xfc:outline-level extension.

--
XMLmind FO Converter Support List
xfc-support@xmlmind.com