Emilia Ciobotaru wrote:
I have an error code here when I try to convert dita to pdf:

This is the error I get:

org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException: Invalid property encountered on
"fo:table": table-omit-initial-header (See position 45:543)

Our stock DITA XSL stylesheets don't use anything called "table-omit-initial-header". Therefore this RenderX XEP extension attribute should have been added in a *customization* of yours.

See "rx:table-omit-initial-header" in: http://www.renderx.com/reference.html#Omitted_Header

NOTE: Apache FOP is incorrect in reporting a validation error. Apache FOP should silently ignore "foreign" attributes. This is stated in the XSL-FO standard:

"An element from the XSL namespace may have any attribute not from the XSL namespace, provided that the expanded-name of the attribute has a non-null namespace URI. The presence of such attributes must not change the behavior of XSL elements and functions defined in this document. Thus, an XSL processor is always free to ignore such attributes, and must ignore such attributes without giving an error if it does not recognize the namespace URI. Such attributes can provide, for example, unique identifiers, optimization hints, or documentation."

https://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice2.html#xsl-namespace

java.lang.RuntimeException: Conversion "ditaToPDF" has failed with exit code 5.

+---------------------------------------

| com.xmlmind.xslutil.ConvertTask.doRun1(ConvertTask.java:182)

| com.xmlmind.xslutil.ConvertTask.doRun(ConvertTask.java:133)

| com.xmlmind.xslutil.ConvertTask.run(ConvertTask.java:112)

| java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

+---------------------------------------

However, when I convert dita to docx it is good. But for pdf it gives error. I
have uninstalled the program and installed all over again, same error exit code
5.

The specification are all good.

Can you please advise me what I should do?

Assuming that you have RenderX XEP installed on your computer, please select the conversion called "ditaToPDF_xep" (which uses RenderX XEP) rather than "ditaToPDF" (which uses Apache FOP) in the XMLmind XSL Utility desktop app (see screenshot in http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/xsl_utility.html).

If this still does not work, then please send us a DITA sample document demonstrating this issue. We have no other way to further help you solve this issue.

--
XMLmind FO Converter Support List
xfc-support@xmlmind.com