Maxime B. wrote:

We would like to contribute a customization of DocBook FO XSL for XFC
using styles and outline (attached).

XMLmind Software is not the owner/author/maintainer of the free, open source, DocBook XSL stylesheets. Therefore we cannot accept contributions for it.

Please note that the DocBook XSL stylesheets do not support XFC extensions like they support XEP, FOP, Antenna House, etc, extensions. Therefore I doubt that the maintainers of the DocBook XSL stylesheets would accept your contribution.

Sorry for that.

I tested it with xfc_pro_java-6_1_0, docbook-xsl-ns-1.79.1,
docbook-xsl-ns-1.75.2, Word 2007 and LibreOffice 6.0.7.3.

Your ".xfc" style specification attachments contain a number of styles looking like:
---
  <numbering name="Parties">
    <level format="Partie&#160;%{upper-roman}." />
  </numbering>

  <!-- Parts -->
  <paragraph-style name="Titre 1"
                   font-family="sans-serif"
                   font-size="25pt"
                   font-weight="bold"
                   keep-with-next="always"
                   text-align="center"
                   space-before="19pt"
                   outline-level="1"
                   numbering-level="1"
                   numbering="Parties" />
---

This is 100% correct, but this also implies that you'll have to modify the huge, complex, DocBook XSL stylesheets in order to add "xfc:user-style" extension attributes to all XSL-FO objects to be styled in Word or OpenOffice/LibreOffice.

This task is so daunting and so error-prone that we, XMLmind Software,
never dared giving it a shot.

In practice, our XSL-FO extension for generating named styles is used mainly by banks, insurances, health companies implementing database publishing using their own, small, in-house XSLT stylesheets.

Our XSL-FO extension for generating named styles is not meant to be retrofitted into existing large, complex, XSLT stylesheets like DocBook's or DITA's.