Hello,
        When trying:

/usr/local/libexec/openvrml-xembed

I get the following error:

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host
                                                             !??
XIO:  fatal IO error 22 (Unknown error: 0) on X server ":0.0"
      after 89 requests (88 known processed) with 16 events remaining.

        Would t his be an XFree problem and if so, what would be the source?

I also notice that the xterm window needs to be open; otherwise, I get the following error:

(openvrml-xembed:461): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

        I am running a PowerPC G4 using MacOS 10.4.11.

Frank J. R. Hanstick
tro...@comcast.net