On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 09:26:13PM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>Further comment on aring:
>
>Having asciidiaresis and degree on aring is perhaps redundant as these
>already exists as diaresis and altgr+shift+0. But I admit that having a
>nodeadkeys keymap with really no dead keys is perhaps most intuitive.
>But at the same time sometimes (but not very often) there is needs to
>type a character in another latin language such as German so I am not
>sure.. How have things been historically when running with "nodeadkeys"?

"nodeadkeys" means exactly that.  If people need something in between,
they should either have their own customised map, or come up with
a consistent naming scheme for other variants, or use the multi-layout
feature (I'm not sure if standard and nodeadkeys versions can be used
as two layouts in a multilayout config).

>Apart from really beeing a nodeadkeys keymap I have found no flaws in
>your patch except for possibly key <AB10> which still has dead_belowdot
>on AltGR (Not that I have a clue what a non-dead dead_belowdot would
>be...)

There's no "belowdot" keysym that I could find, so I didn't change
that one.  Maybe there's a unicode key UXXXX keysym that would be
appropriate.

David
--
David Dawes
Release Engineer/Architect                      The XFree86 Project