"""
I guess this doesn't happen with DRI disabled? Looks like pure luck to
me that RADEONWaitForVerticalSync() ever returns when the DRM handles
vertical blank interrupts. I'll look into fixing that if noone beats me
to it.
"""

True, the problem doesn't occur unless DRI is enabled.

"""
> 2.  I was using KDM and after exiting X my machine would lock up as it
> tried to restart the login screen.  I think that even without KDM I
> couldn't restart X after I started it once.  I'm not positive about
> this though.

Can you verify that? Would be interesting to know.
"""

Nope, I can't verify it.  I guess my system just got into a bad state
somehow.  I'm using 4.2.99.4 right now and have successfully restarted
X many times.  I haven't tried using KDM again though.

I'm almost ready to switch to this release for everyday use, but I still
have to see how it handles a suspend/resume cycle.  I saw that Charl's
dri_resume patch isn't in yet, which is a shame.  I guess no DRI for me
for the near future.  I suppose that's already true if I want to use
dual-head though.

For some reason anti-aliasing has ceased too.  Oh well, a problem for
another day.