Bruce,
  We seem to be getting more and more errors with no information in them.
  How are we supposed to help you if you don't give us any information?

  For a start, what OS is this?  What cpu?  What distribution?
  What do the logs say?  What are the permissions on /dev/io?
  What version of X do you have?

  We aren't physic.

  If this is a bsd machine, then you have your security settings too high.
  If not, then perhaps your permissions are wrong.  I can't tell with
  the little information you have given us.

Sincerely,
JohnFlux