On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Wayne Whitney wrote:

> > > Anyway, back to this patch, why does it have to set MEM_CNTL to 0? If
> > > you simply comment off OUTREG(RADEON_MEM_CNTL, 0) in PreInt10Save,
> > > will the patch still work for your special cases?

> > It's interesting how these "special" cases out-number the single more
> > common case of not having to re-POST the adapter...

> > Be that as it may, the attached should work as a temporary workaround.

> Hello,

> The "Hui.diff.gz" patch attached to Marc's email does not work in my
> situation.  I have a primary AGP Radeon VE and a secondary PCI Radeon 7000
> on an x86 box.  With version 1.79 (or 1.81) of radeon_driver.c, the text
> mode on the secondary PCI Radeon 7000 gets corrupted when I run XFree86 on
> it the second time; everything else works fine.  This corruption doesn't
> occur if I comment out PreInt10Save(), or if I follow Hui's suggestion and
> just comment out the OUTREG(RADEON_MEM_CNTL,0) line in PreInt10Save().
> It does still occur, however, if I just apply "Hui.diff.gz".

Yes, I'm aware of that.  The logs you posted in the other discussion also
show an inability to read the PCI Radeon's BIOS when the server is re-run.
Please be patient.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |