Sir,

  My first thought is that for some reason the configuration files are
different.

  Please check that the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 on a machine that works
is identical to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 on the machine that doesn't.

If they are identical, try comparing /var/log/XFree86.0.log files
on the two machines.

  If you solve it, please let me know.  If you don't solve it,
please reply back letting us know.

  Perhaps you could attach 3 things in the reply if it doesn't work:

1) The file:  /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 on the machine that doesn't work.
2) The file:  /var/log/XFree86.0.log on the machine that doesn't work.
3) The file:  /var/log/XFree86.0.log on the machine that does work.

That should help us try to figure out what is wrong.

Sincerely,

JohnFlux