Hey all,

There are some problems I get with X 4.2.99.4, prolly bugs.

1. My X setup is unstable when using 3D.
with 4.2.1 I could play UT for some time and then it freezed.
With 4.2.99.4 I get freezes right at the beginning of UT.

What is freeze?

Display freezes, game gets locked. Sys works fine (accessible remotely),
until I kill -9 X or UT.

If (with freezed screen) I tried mplayer -vo vesa, it was able to display
a movie, but freezed system when exiting.

I can still mess around with alt-sysrq-foo things (even after freeze).
If i did alt-sysrq-k with this freeze, whole sys gets stopped (and
soundcard repeats its buffer).

Sometimes when I played UT, whole PCI stuff stopped (sblive, NICs) and
rest (GPU, keyb, rs232-inet) kept working for about 2-3 minutes
(and then 100% freeze).

2. XVideo looks bad with 100% scale
When I play a movie with mplayer -vo xv, not fullscreen, image looks
like badly scaled (disorted slant lines etc). But window size is
equal to movie size. Doesn't happen with another video card and
with X 4.2.1. Unfortunately I can't take a screenshot ;).

3. XFS breaks Type1 fonts.
With 4.2.1: http://www.filip.eu.org/xdm.jpg
With 4.2.99.4: http://www.filip.eu.org/xdmb.jpg
Note that using direct FontPath to font files in XF86Config
solves the problem (in 4.2.99.4).

Info about HW/SW is here: http://www.filip.eu.org/xprob (not using DRI atm)

bye,

Filip Zyzniewski

PS. I know that you love such things, but: with windows it works AFAIK.
    So if HW has bugs, they can be ommited :).