I am getting ready to re-build by Linux system from scratch and am wondering
which of my AGP cards I should use?

I've got a 3DLabs GVX1 card with 32M video memory. This currently has no 3D
support under XFree86, however, XIG does provide a 3D XWindow, for 129
American Dollars. In the past, I've worked with Sven Luther to try to advance
the 3D support and am willing to continue testing for anyone interested in
working on this. I'm not a programmer, but I can understand small bits of
code.

I've also got an ATI Rage128 which I understand has 3D support under XFree86.
This seems to be a bit of a cop-out. I would suspect the GVX1 card would be
far better, once 3D support is working. Also, I CAN use the demo from XIG for
25 minutes at a time.

I've also put a PCI version of the GVX1 card into my Daughters PC.

So, should I take the easy way and just use the ATI card or should I stick
with the GVX1 card and keep hoping for 3D support?

Cheers,

        John Gay