Hello there, recently (yesterday) i checked the XFree86 sources out of CVS
and built them with freetype (TrueType) support.  All went well (i think)
witht he build and install process.  Adding the Load "freetype" to my modules
section works too.  However, i am unable to use an TT fonts.  I've tried off
the font paths in the XF86Config file.  I've done the required  ttmkfdir and
mkfontdir procedures.  The _ONLY_ way i can get True Type fonts to work is if
i use xfsttt.  I'd rather just use xfs, and be done with it.  performing an
ldd on "X" and "xfs" does not show freetype anywhere... although neither does
xfstt (but xfstt works).

        I've installed RedHat 8.0 at work, it has BEAUTIFUL font rendering.  I think
there's some Anti Aliasing going on there.  Anyway, they use XFS (that's the
only font path specified anyway)... how can i achieve this on my slackware
box?  I want TTF, and Anti Aliasing... and i'd like to compile it myself if
possible (I'll recompile gtk and qt if that is required as well).

        Anyway, thanks in advance for the help.