Mark Vojkovich wrote:

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Anton Chu wrote:

The nv driver is poorly written.
I don't think that is accurate. It doesn't have as many feature as
the binary drivers and it doesn't have the performance, but it has
some benefits. Namely, that it works on many OSes and architectures
and more people can support it. I don't think there are any quality
problems with it. Actually, if you don't need the features of the
binary drivers, I would recommend that you use the "nv" driver instead.

Mark.

You may want to upgrade to the new 'nvidia' driver provided by Nvidia themselves. Check it out at the nvida website:

www.nvidia.com

I've upgraded to the new driver using an old TNT card is the machine is like new. Good luck,
Anton